|Browse by Location|
|Homes under $200K||Homes under $300K|
|Homes under $400K||Homes under $500K|
|Homes under $600K||Homes under $700K|
|Homes under $800K||Homes under $900K|
|Homes under $1 Million||Homes over $1 Million|
Plymouth happens to be the 16th largest metropolitan region in the USA, and the 7th largest city in Minnesota. It is located in Hennepin County and is 15 miles west of Minneapolis.
The city’s population was more than 78,000 people in the 2017 population census, which was a growth of more than 7,000 people from the previous census in 2010, where more than 70,200 people were identified as being residents in the city.
The median age of the residents living in Plymouth is 40 years, and more than 77.6% of these residents older than 18. The median price of homes in the city is $297,400, and only 28.6% of the residents here live in their homes; the other 71.4% live in rented houses and apartments.
The median rent for the homes is $1,143/mo. The median household income is $85,418.
Plymouth Homes for Sale
Popular attractions in Plymouth
Plymouth’s most popular attraction sites are parks. A majority of the parks in this city are found in existing in their natural environment, with a number of adjustments being done by developers.
One park that attracts people to Plymouth is Millennium Garden. This tranquil outdoor space is found in the Plymouth Creek Center.
There are open grass fields, fountains, trails, several gardens and a labyrinth in Millennium Garden, making it an ideal spot to hold outdoor social activities.
Those visiting the park can purchase a personalized brick from the organizers of the “Buy a Brick” program, and lay it on a walkway within the park.
Another popular attraction site is Parkers Lake Park. Residents and tourists flock this park during winter to ice skate, and during summer to swim. The area around Parkers Lake Park is very scenic, making it a favorite place for people who love taking walks.
Other activities that people engage in while visiting the park include jet skiing, water tubing, and camping.
Historical facts about Plymouth
The original inhabitants of the geographical space in which the city lies today were the Dakota.
The Dakota people called this place Mdewakanton, which means “Lake of the Spirit.” Mdewakanton later came to be known as Medicine Lake. Antoine LeCounte was among the first settlers to have settled in this area.
This guide and explorer arrived in the area in 1848 but settled in 1852. He managed to build the first cabin in East Medicine Lake Boulevard. When new settlers began streaming into this region, the need to organize the area arose.
The Board of Commissioners from Hennepin County decided to call the region Plymouth. There was a move to change the city’s name to Medicine Lake in 1858, but for reasons that were not recorded, that movement did not pass.
Plymouth incorporated as a village in 1955 and did not
receive the City Charter until November 1992. This charter became effective in January 1993.
Geographical facts about Plymouth
Plymouth rests on a piece of land that spans a total of 35.48 square miles. 93% of the city is all land, and the other 7% is covered by water.
The city experiences a humid continental climate which is characterized by friendly winters but hot and humid summer days. The temperatures in the summer rise as high as 83 degrees Fahrenheit, while during winter, the temperatures fall to as low as 3 degrees Fahrenheit.
This city’s tornado activity is above the average recorded for Minnesota State. It is also 28% greater than the tornado activity recorded in the whole of the United States of America. One of the most massive tornados in the region occurred in 1965 and caused damage
The earthquake activity in the region lies below the average recorded for Minnesota State. It also happens to be 92% smaller than the average recorded in the USA. The earthquake with the highest magnitude was experienced 298.1 miles away from Plymouth’s center. It had a
magnitude of 4.6.
Precipitation facts about Plymouth
Rainfall is experienced all through the year, with June being the month in which the most rainfall is received.
The average precipitation in this month is 4.74 inches. February happens to have the least rain, at only 0.66 inches.
The Exceptional Home Team is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give us a call today at 612-250-2335 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.