|Browse by Location|
|Homes under $500K||Homes over $500K|
Hopkins is a city in Hennepin County that lies to the west of Minneapolis. It is surrounded by three larger suburban communities, namely Edina, St. Louis Park, and Minnetonka.
More than 98% of the city’s land is already developed. The population in Hopkins was 18,056 people in 2014.
This marked a 5.3% increase since 2000. Females are the larger sex group in the city accounting for 52.2% of the total population in 2014. Males, on the other hand, were 47.8% of the entire population.
The median resident age is 33.3 years, which is lower than the average for Minnesota State at 37.9 years.
The median household income in Hopkins was $53,897 in 2016, which is again less than the median household for the entire population for Minnesota State at $65,599.
The city had an estimated per capita income of $33,456 in 2016. The median price per house in the city is $223,274, and the accompanying mean price is $283,213. Those renting houses in Hopkins pay a median gross rent of $1,008/mo.
The Exceptional Home Team is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give us a call today at 612-250-2335 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.
Hopkins Homes for Sale
Popular attractions in Hopkins
Hopkins offers a range of fun activities to its residents as well as visitors. From recreational activities to great restaurants, the experience provided in Hopkins is exceptional.
The city is the trailhead for all four of the Three Rivers Park regional trails. The trails are an excellent place to enjoy walks and biking activities.
The city also has 18 parks distributed all across the entire geographical region on which it lies.
The Hopkins Pavilion offers indoor ice skating. Visitors coming to the city enjoy this skating in winter and fall.
Those coming visiting Hopkins Pavilion in spring enjoy indoor turf and those coming in during summer have a dry floor on which they can do a range of activities.
The restaurants in Hopkins are popular for their excellence in service provision. The most prominent restaurants in the city include Hoagies restaurant, Mainstreet Bar & Grill, Pub 819, Thirty Bales and Tuttle’s Eat Bowl Play.
History facts about Hopkins
The earliest settlers in the area that is today known as Hopkins arrived in 1852. Harley H. Hopkins was amongst the first people to build a homestead in the community. Hopkins was incorporated in 1928 and named after Harley H. Hopkins.
The first school in Hopkins was built in 1862. In November 1893, the village of West Minneapolis was incorporated. This was the name that was later changed to Hopkins during the 1928 incorporation.
The city organized the first ever raspberry festival known as the Hopkins Raspberry Festival. The city is still famous for this festival. In 1947, a city charter was adopted in Hopkins, making it one of the many cities in Hennepin County.
Geographical facts about Hopkins
Hopkins rests on a total surface area of 6.61 square miles, giving it have a population density of 1,770.51 people per square kilometers. 6.57 square miles of this city is all land, and 0.049 square miles is all water.
The 0.049 square miles of water consists of the small ponds to the west of Hopkins and creeks that lie to the north and south of the city.
Minnehaha Creek is one of the popular creeks in the city.
The tornado activity experienced in Hopkins is slightly higher than that experienced in Minnesota state and is 31% higher than that experienced in the whole of the United States of America.
The earthquake activity, on the other hand, is slightly below that of the whole of Minnesota and is 92% less than that of the whole of the USA.
Precipitation facts about Hopkins
Hopkins experiences the heaviest rainfall around August and the least rainfall in February.
The highest amount goes up to 4.3 inches on average, and the lowest goes to as low as 0.7 inches on average.